Haley loves this show called 'The Fresh Beat Band'. It's probably the most obnoxious show on the planet. These four asshats of indeterminate age who live in a house that's in some sort of mall. They go to 'music school' and hang out at the smoothie shop and put on corny song and dance routines.

Haley loves this show. She loves all things involving song and dance. The more obnoxious, the better! In the opening credits, the band members sing a song and say their names. At the end of the introductions, Haley started adding herself. "And Haley!" she'd shout. The first time she did it, I laughed so hard. It was also the first time I saw Haley become embarrassed. She got really upset with me laughing at her. (But it was just so cute!)
Next, she developed an obsession with Twist. This is Twist:

(Incidentally, a little research shows that Twist's real name is Jon Beavers, crap, that's hilarious in itself. His imdb profile is pretty sparse, but there's a discussion topic on it entitled 'Could this guy be any more annoying?') Twist is the MC of the group and does these obnoxious free-style/beatbox raps throughout the show. Every time he comes on the screen, Haley sighs, "Oh Twist!" At first it was just when the show was on (which she requests at least three times a day-thank you DVR!), but now it's constantly. She says, "Oh Twist" at least 100 times a day. It's followed by giggling.
She will also push me out of the way if I try to talk to her while the show is on the screen. She likes to dance and sing along, and one day I tried to join her in her dance. "No Mommy!", she shouted, "Only Haley!" So, I took myself into the kitchen and flipped on my little under the counter tv..."Oh, Mike Rowe." Hmmm...now I know where she gets it...alright...out to the kiddie pool.
"Oh Miller Lite."




My older sister met Twist last New Year's. I don't remember the details, but I think he was dating her neighbor's daughter. (:
ReplyDelete