Friday, August 27, 2010

Bitchin' in the Kitchen with O (Part II)

It's Friday. I'm looking for something easy for dinner. I'm out of ideas. So, I see an awesome sounding recipe on the Boston (Fake) Nest Board. One of the lovely ladies has posted a fantastic recipe which sounds so easy, yet delicious. I am short a few ingredients so early this morning, I hand Haley O. a cup of milk and some raisins and coax her into the stroller for a quick trip to the supermarket (Ugh, did I mention the market is 2.5 miles away and the walk back is uphill? Oh well, at least I burned off my dinner). Here are the ingredients:

One Crockpot
3 already cooked chicken breasts, cubed (I was lazy today, normally I would cook and cube my own, but I splurged and bought some of the pre-cooked chicken breasts)

jar of prepared pasta sauce, 20oz (I used Newman's own Sweet Onion-I didn't want too much herbiness to offset the spicy sauce)
1 cup buffalo wing sauce (I used half a bottle of Ken's Buffalo Wing Sauce)
tub of ricotta cheese, 15oz (I used fat free)
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a reduced fat Italian blend)
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
1/4 cup of water
lasagna noodles (you can use either no-boil or regular, I used the no-boil this time as they are smaller and were on sale for the same price as regular)
one beer

Mix the chicken, pasta sauce, and wing sauce together in a bowl. At this point your toddler will start screaming 'Raisins! I...WANT...RAISINS!' Give her the raisins and watch her throw them like confetti all over the living room carpet.

Layer the sauce/chicken mix on the bottom of the crockpot. Pick up the raisins. Now your child will stand up on her Elmo chair and pull your school work out of the printer and proceed to tear it to pieces while shouting, 'Woo-hoo!'

Put a layer of noodles over the chicken/sauce. You may have to break them to get them to fit/cover everything. Follow with a layer of ricotta, a layer of shredded cheese, and then repeat until you run out. Pry pieces of paper out of your kid's fists before she can do more damage.

On top of the final layer, sprinkle the blue cheese crumbles. Pour 1/4 cup of water in the pasta sauce jar, shake it, and pour over lasagna. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 4-5. Throw your child in her crib. Close door. Open beer.

1 comment:

  1. This is dangerously close to copyright infringement with respect to Gameday Griller...I'll let it slide, this time...

    ReplyDelete