Friday, April 2, 2010

Oh yes, it will be mine...

Ahhhh....t-minus 25.5 hours until I get some dessert. It has been a tough Lent. I'm okay with no meat on Friday, since I'm usually at clinical and don't really feel like eating anything after wiping people's tushes all day. But, I don't care if I see a metric ton of feces between now and tomorrow...I will be eating my dessert at 12:00am EDT on Sunday, April 4th, 2010. And I cannot wait.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've given up all dessert like things. Fat free hot cocoa, chocolate Carnation Instantaneous breakfast, and even my Stoneyfield Chocolate Underground Fat Free Organic Free Range Biodegradable Hybrid yogurts. I have managed to lose a few pounds despite not really ramping up my usual walking schedule. Has it been worth it? I guess...but seriously. I find myself wanting to strangle everyone around me. I admit to salivating when anyone around me has anything yummy...including my own child who I would gleefully sell to the Gypsies if they gave me a large piece of dark chocolate in exchange for her (calm down, I know they'll bring her right back after she says "Oh shit!" and flips them the bird). My husband has not been supportive of my endeavor. He has constantly tried to derail me, literally shoving treats in my face and saying, "Just one bite, I won't tell!" and leaving half eaten Dairy Queen ice creams in the cupholder of the Tahoe.

I already have my day mapped out...cleaning, 4 mile walk with Haley O., baking while Haley O. naps (I'm making blonde brownies, and it will be very hard not to eat them), 4 mile walk by myself, going to pick up some last minute Easter stuff and my large Birthday Cake Remix from Coldstone (to be put into the freezer), and then staying up until midnight. Do you see the chocolate covered bowl that thing is in? I'm getting two. One for eating and one to cuddle with in bed. I'm not sure what's going to happen when I eat that ice cream, but I'm pretty sure it's going to count as cheating on my husband.

If you've been interested in my saga thus far and you're up late tomorrow night, tune in for my live blog, which will follow me as I wait to eat my ice cream. I'm even thinking of getting the webcam up and running for the big moment.

Okay, so seriously, what has this Lent thing taught me? That even though I gave up chocolate, the Catholic church can't give up touching young boys.

Happy Good Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment