Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I hope I get my...

just desserts! As some of you may know, I gave up desserts for Lent. Now I realize just how many sweets I eat on a daily basis. I've given up pretty much everything...even my chocolate Carnation instantaneous breakfast. It seems like everyone around me is determined to taunt me. I made a batch of brownies for a friend's birthday and I didn't even eat one, lick the bowl or the mixer attachment...and they were dark chocolate brownies...*drool* Haley and her dad have been gorging themselves on Hostess Cupcakes, and even hit up DQ yesterday to get a Blizzard. When I kissed Haley goodnight PJ remarked, "Are you trying to get chocolate remnants off of the baby's face?"



Easter is still 29 days away, but I'm already planning what I will be pigging out on once April 4th arrives. Right now I have a bag full of frozen Dove dark chocolates and an box of chocolate cake mix. They aren't going to cut it. Since it's Easter, the good snack places may be closed and I'm sure I'll be doing something with the family that day, so I'll need to stock up the night before. When I wake up I don't want to look at my husband and Haley and her Easter basket can wait...I am going to roll right out of bed and head downstairs to get my dessert on. Alright, don't judge me...I know this isn't what the spirit of the Lenten season is about, so will it make things better if this is the first thing I eat?



According to the Russell Stover website I can "Celebrate the true meaning of Easter with this solid milk chocolate cross." There is something very wrong and creepy about eating a giant chocolate cross. Maybe if it came in dark chocolate. Or a recreation of the giant boulder that was rolled in front of his cave/tomb thingy, I could totally picture myself gnawing on that.

I'm going to have to stick to secular things for my consuming pleasure. (And I'll need to pack it all in on one day since I need to be bikini ready for my trip to FL at the end of May). There's only one thing that will be good enough to make up for 40 days and nights of dessertlessness.



It is the Birthday Cake Remix from Coldstone Creamery. From the online information I've found it's 625 calories. That must be for the small. I'm totally getting the large (as I eat it I will reminisce about the time I went into a Coldstone six weeks after having Haley and some guy in line asked me when the big day was and I almost punched him, but my fat ass didn't want to drop my ice cream).

So, Jesus, I promise to try to reflect on personal sacrifice as I wallow in ice cream and slip into a diabetic coma.

No comments:

Post a Comment