Saturday, July 24, 2010

You got the stuff, man??


"I learned it by watching you!"


99% of kids are made drowsy by Benadryl. 1% turn into wild crackheads. Guess which one Haley is?

Haley has had some hives for the past few days. The pedi triage nurse told me to treat prn with the Benadryl and check in on Monday if they don't go away (she's happy, no fever, and we can't seem to find what is causing them!? Any parent suggestions are welcome!). Well, today after her nap, she woke up with them, so I gave her a blast of the Benadryl. It was almost instaneous. The hives go away, and out comes Meth Haley. All of a sudden she's in a diaper and storming around the house. I'm cooking in the kitchen. I've got the automatic can opener running on a large can while stirring some ground beef on the stove. Haley is transfixed. "Whoa, whoa, whoa...", she mumbles as she watches it go around. Next she heads for the bookshelf. "Woo hoo! Woo hoo! Woo hoo!", she shouts as she flings the books everywhere (she never does this when she's not high). Next, she's back in the kitchen with me. She's got the spatula and spoon from her kitchen and she's standing behind me at the sink singing "Mama says no, Mama says no, Mama says no, no, no..." and using the utensils as drumsticks...ON MY ASS! She's got surprisingly good rhythm. I take them away and guide her back to the living room. Her tricycle was still up on the couch from today's Pyrex glass cleanup. She gets on it. Just sits there and starts shouting, "Yee haw!" She's not moving, but I'm not going to spoil her fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment