Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summertime, and the living's easy...

Phew...it's around 12pm. I've spent the morning hustling Haley out of her crib, into her clothes, and out of the house. Chances are we've a)walked four miles b)visited the playground/duck pond/animals at the WWI park c)gone to Target/Market Basket/library/drycleaners or some combination of all three only to head home just in time for lunch and the blessed event that only the parents of children under 3 can really look forward to and appreciate...NAPTIME! Usually during naptime I give myself a couple of minutes to play on the interwebs, scarf my own lunch, and just relax, but before long I start feeling guilty that I'm not doing anything, so off I go to clean/cook/fold something. But, in the summer, things are different. The wireless interweb that pipes Howard right into my headphones and my comfy and usually empty back patio area are very tempting, especially in this hot and sunny weather...This is how it usually goes, just as I'm getting into some household project...

Psst...hey, it's me, one of your seven bikinis...put me on. Let's go out back and get some sun.


No! I can't. Do you think this dollhouse is just going to clean itself up?


C'mon, just for an hour, you know you want to...


Miller Lite! What are you doing here!? It's a weekday.


Bitch, please! I'm always here! Remember the last time we hung out back...we thought of the Slip n' Slide. It was EPIC!


Yeah, I have the sunburned butt and cracked rib to help remind me.


Arrgh, quit your yapping and get out there.


Eh, there's no point in arguing with Pirate Cozie. Okay, let's go!

2 comments:

  1. i very much enjoy your arguments with yrself

    pm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for hanging out in the sun than cleaning. :)

    ReplyDelete