Well, my suit pickup was rather anti-climatic. Haley and I went out for our usual walk, and I figured we'd just stop and get the suit on our way home, and I could stand to drag it with me for the last half mile.
We stroll on in and my friend (I really need to learn his name) come dashing in from the back. I don't even have to give him my name. He doesn't have to go far, he's got the suit hanging up on a rack right next to the register instead of in the back!
He swipes my card. He hands me a lollipop and says, "This for you." Awww, thanks drycleaner guy. I don't really have much use for a blue Dum Dum pop at 8am, so I hand it off to Haley O. who rejoices in becoming a blue sticky mess. "Uh, can I have my receipt please?" "Oh yes," my friend replies handing it over the counter. He doesn't just hand it to me though, he like presses it into my hand, which is very strange to me. Are we shaking hands again? Do I let go? He's kind of got a death grip on me. "I see you soon!" He whispers.
I don't mind my friendly through the window waves, but I'm hoping I don't need to bring PJ's suit back in any time soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment