"It's you! It's really you! I miss you so much!!!" This is probably the closest I will ever feel to being a celebrity. That is unless my
"Mommy's Time Out Center" becomes a worldwide phenomenon. Who is uttering these words? My sweet baby girl? Nope. My devoted husband? Hell no. It's the guy who owns and operates my local dry cleaners.
How did I get to this point? Well, since most of you know I'm a walking fanatic, the dry cleaner is on my daily walking route. I also walk very early, and would often see my friend (I should really learn his name, although in the past he's called me Mrs.
PJ ) behind the counter and opening up for the day. I always wave and my wave is always reciprocated by an enthusiastic greeting and smile. This continues from April 2008-present. I hadn't actually been in the shop for a couple of years, since a wedding in 2007. Over the past few weeks Haley and I were both recovering from colds and the weather was nasty, so we hadn't been walking. Apparently, we were missed.
Fast forward to today. PJ doesn't understand my bizarre friendship with Dry Cleaner Guy, so he decided to pick up his suit and see if he mentioned anything...he wasn't disappointed. "Oh, your wife! She is always walking by! She's always pushing your little boy!"
i think it's time for Haley to get a pink snow hat!
ReplyDeleteHa ha...Haley has a pink hat, and a pink stroller, and a pink sweatsuit...it just doesn't matter. :)
ReplyDeletePeople thought Laurel was a little boy until she was three or four. Now she has hair past her shoulders and loves to wear glitter so I *hope* people realize she's a girl. (:
ReplyDelete