Friday, September 18, 2009

These are the people in my neighborhood...

I love where I live...I really do. I'm not originally from this area, but I've really grown to love it and this is where we'll be staying.

I think part of what makes this area so fun is the interesting variety of people I encounter. Especially here in "The Heights". Tonight as a took Haley O. on a walk (a walk that culminated in a trip to the liquor store-hey, that basket under the stroller wasn't meant to just hold toys!), I ran across a couple of these interesting folks.

First off was Mr. No Shirt. This guy came trotting out of his unit with no shirt on like he was something else. I have news for him. He is not. Cripes. I wish my presidential title gave me the power to make a citizen's arrest and order him to clothe himself. He had bigger moobs than Phil Mickelson. He then hopped into his car and drove off. Not sure where he went, but I'm doubting they had a "No shirt, no shoes, no service" sign.

Next, I ran into The Couple. These are a couple of teenage kids who must live somewhere in the complex. I usually spot them sitting on various large rocks throughout the complex. Sometimes they're screaming at each other. Other times they're practically fornicating. Tonight, they apparently had a pizza delivered to their rock and were having a romantic picnic. The guy was actually laying down and eating with his head in the girl's lap. I tried-fairly successfully-to stifle my laughter.

Third is someone I ran into a few days ago. Phew...there is no clever name that can describe the oddness of this character. I will call him Captain Trashcan. Reason being that I most often run into him at the dumpster. He's not throwing out trash, but rather practicing his own brand of recycling and selecting other residents' refuse for his own personal use. On this day I drove my truck down to the dumpster (it was Tuesday morning and I had just picked up my daughter from my in-laws house and was also the lucky recipient of two bags of trash that was generated during Monday's football extravaganza, so I went straight to the dumpster upon my return). I spotted Captain Trashcan carrying a large broomstick. I know he occasionally lets his dog go behind the dumpster, so I didn't give it a second thought. Well, I get out, and there's no dog. I proceed to quickly dump my bags (while Haley watched Blue's Clues in the Tahoe).

Capt. Trashcan: I was going to walk my dog out here but then I saw a creature! It was this big (holds hands three feet apart). It had a crazy tail. I made a hissing noise at it and it didn't even move!

O: (I was going to say 'It was probably Chupacabra' but thought better of it-no need to be knocked out by a stick wielding dumpster diver) Well, I don't see anything now, but I'll keep my eyes peeled and notify animal control if necessary (so presidential sounding!).

Capt. Trashcan: Thank you. That thing looked tough, I think he had an anchor tattooed on his arm!

O: (Whoa) Sounds interesting. Like I said, I'll be on the lookout!

Just an average week here in the heights!

No comments:

Post a Comment