The Monday Night Football Theme (the song you're hearing now if your sound is on) is exciting...it means many things to many people. To me, it was the song that played as PJ and I entered our wedding reception; tomorrow, it will remind me that I'm turning 30...and that my husband will be enjoying Monday Night Football in person...without me!
I couldn't just send him off empty handed...so here's a sampling of the usual tailgate fare, a little more exciting since it's the first game of the season, and a big one at that.
Steaks: 8oz fillet Mignon from Omaha Steaks
PJ: Don't they make these in 10oz? I had 10oz last year!
Olivia: Nope, they don't make those anymore. Too many husbands keeling over.
Bacon Wrapped Pineapples:
Chocolate Chip Cookies:
PJ: Why are you making these?
Olivia: Dean requested them.
PJ: Dean gets nothing. I will not give him these cookies.
So Dean, I made the cookies, the rest is up to you. It would be really sad to see two grown men fighting over a bag of cookies, though.
And finally, for the big finale....
Is it half full? Is it half empty? I guess it depends how you look at it... However, this is a gallon container with a spigot and there is no way that PJ, Chris, and Dean need to drink a gallon of vodka before the game, I'm not spending my 30th birthday bailing them out of jail. It contains frozen watermelon, honeydew, and pineapple which will hopefully thaw and help to keep the vodka nice and cold. Enjoy!!!




Sweet............ We are going to have a blast. If it comes down to a fight we all know who will win that battle, never get in the way of Dean, between food & drinks ;)
ReplyDeleteWe all will be thinking of you at the big game Monday night.