For me anyways...It's been a seriously long day. I was hungry and cranky, and still am, but this glass of wine is helping that (and trust me, after today, one glass will do it!). It was such a huge pain to read the labels on EVERYTHING only to find that there's wheat and soy in pretty much EVERYTHING under the sun. I can't imagine how cost prohibitive it must be to try to find speciality items in a regular grocery store or Whole Foods. I can't imagine what it's like to have to hover over your child constantly at playdates and birthday parties to make sure they don't accidentally eat something that could set them back and make them (and you!) miserable. That is a way of life for them, which I'm sure becomes easier with time, but still must be quite difficult to maintain.
So, today I was able to eat the following...One banana, one half of semi-ripe cantaloupe, and a handful of pricey Green Mountain Gringo tortilla strips. They are gluten free and cooked in sunflower oil. I was so desperate for something at the end of the day, and totally forgot I had them. The wine appears to be allergen free too.
So please continue to keep these kiddos in your thoughts! If you would like more information or would like to donate for some very important research, please visit http://www.apfed.org/ I'm going to go get liquored up off of my one drink now. Thanks for visiting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Thank you! My son has EE and he goes through the same struggles everyday. He has g-tube that he gets most of his nutrition from. When he sees us eat he gets very jealous and depressed. He sometimes asks me if he will still have his tube when he gets in 3rd grade. Thank you again! AND GOD BLESS!
ReplyDeleteThank you Olivia for taking the time and effort to learn about EOS and Eat Like Sam for a day! I'm very touched that you made this committment in honor of Sam and all the others who suffer with EE every day! Love ya - Stacey and Sam
ReplyDeleteThank you. My son has EE. He drinks his special formula (NeoCate). Insurance will only cover it if he has a g-tube so it costs us $30 per can to feed him. A can lasts us for 2 days. We also have to eliminate much more than just the top allergens from his diet. Yes it is expensive and a struggle but it is also our life and we just do what we have to do.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for doing the food challenge today. The more awareness the better!