Wednesday, July 29, 2009

For Those About to Rock...

David Spade and Chris Rock salute you? More about that in a minute...




Last night, PJ and I went to see AC/DC. The last time we saw them, I was only 21 and PJ was 20 and I had to sneak him beers. This time we're both legal, so we decided to people watch and hang out in the parking lot with our CCCs (Classy Concert Cozies- Mine says "Your Village Called, Their Idiot Is Missing" and his says "How Can I Miss You if You Never Go Away?") and some Miller Lite. People were already going crazy and it was only 5pm. I went to the port-o-potty and someone had already barfed all over the seat. Yikes. After a few more minutes of laughing at shirtless guys showing off their man boobs we headed inside to get some snacks before the show started.




The show was awesome as usual. They may be old, but they are still great! We had excellent seats, sort of close to where PJs season tix are and we had a good view of the stage. We did have some interesting company around us. Next to me were a couple of 10 year olds who tried to tape the whole show on their cell phones. They were embryos the last time AC/DC hit town, but they were way into it. In front of us was a group of guys, about our age. Every time a song came on, they would high five and jump around. Their demonstrations started getting more "intimate" as each song came on, and they were literally embracing each other and sort of slow dancing when "Shook Me" started playing (and the booze was shut off when the band came on). I was thinking "Hey guys, U2 won't be here until this fall, save the man on man love for them."




AC/DC plays a song called "The Jack" and then focuses the camera on attractive ladies in the audience. Usually the lady will then flash the camera. I'm not sure what happened, but no one was flashing (sorry PJ, guess the parking lot man boobage will have to be your excitement for the night!). Then the camera landed on David Spade and Chris Rock sitting in the front row. David Spade was wearing a trucker hat (for a second I thought I must have accidentally set my time machine back to 2001) and looking goofy. Interesting.




A good time was had by all and now I have these awesome light up horns for Haley to play with!






1 comment: